Hawaii Solar Tax Incentives
The Federal government has created incentives for going solar with tax credits. The State of Hawaii has added solar tax credits to promote going solar also.
To promote solar use by homeowners, the State of Hawaii has added some great incentives. Homeowners converting their residences to solar get an upfront tax credit of up to $5,000. This tax credit applies directly to any Hawaii State tax you may owe, this could erase or take a significant bite out of a State tax bill.
In addition to photovoltaic (PV) panel systems, Hawaii has moved to promote thermal and water heating through solar. Those installing solar thermal systems get back 35 percent of the actual cost to a maximum of $2,250.
Hawaii is very serious about promoting solar usage. It offers big tax credits to commercial property owners as well. If a commercial property is converted to solar in Hawaii, the owner can get between $250,000 and $500,000 in tax credits.
Latest News and Links
- Solar or Renewable Power Glossary
- Installation Process - Solar Water Heating
- Poncho's Special Offer - Solar Starter Kit
- Types of Solar Electric Systems
- Types of Solar Cells
- Solar Voltaic Technology
- What you get from your investment
- Power Produced by a Solar Electric System
- Hawaii Renewable Energy Links
- Hawaii Renewable Energy Tax Credit Form N-342 and Cash Credit form Schedule CR
- IRS Solar Energy Credit Form #5695
- Hawaii Solar Tax Incentives
- Why Solar?