IRS Solar Energy Credit Form #5695
Use Form 5695 to figure and take your residential energy credits. The residential energy credits are:
- The nonbusiness energy property credit, and
- The residential energy efficient property credit.
Also use Form 5695 to take any residential energy efficient property
credit carry forward from 2008.
Excerpt from form #5695 regarding energy credits:
"Qualified solar electric property costs. Qualified solar electric property costs are costs for property that uses solar energy to generate electricity for use in your home located in the United States. This includes costs relating to a solar panel or other property installed as a roof or a portion of a roof. The home does not have to be your main home.
Qualified solar water heating property costs. Qualified solar water heating property costs are costs for property to heat water for use in your home located in the United States if at least half of the energy used by the solar water heating property for such purpose is derived from the sun. This includes costs relating to a solar panel or other property installed as a roof or a portion of a roof. To qualify for the credit, the property must be certified for performance by the nonprofit Solar Rating
Certification Corporation or a comparable entity endorsed by the government of the state in which the property is installed. The home does not have to be your main home.
Latest News and Links
- Solar or Renewable Power Glossary
- Installation Process - Solar Water Heating
- Poncho's Special Offer - Solar Starter Kit
- Types of Solar Electric Systems
- Types of Solar Cells
- Solar Voltaic Technology
- What you get from your investment
- Power Produced by a Solar Electric System
- Hawaii Renewable Energy Links
- Hawaii Renewable Energy Tax Credit Form N-342 and Cash Credit form Schedule CR
- IRS Solar Energy Credit Form #5695
- Hawaii Solar Tax Incentives
- Why Solar?