Switch to solar and save 30%-50% on your electric bill every month plus take advantage of the Federal Tax Credit of 30%, the State Tax Credit of 35%, and the utility rebate of $750.
These rebates are still in effect in 2010 and are subject to change. Please contact us for rebate information.
In Hawaii households, water heating usually is the largest contributor to utility bills, 30-50% in most cases. For example, at a cost of 15.5 cents per kilowatt hour, this means that a family of four pays about $60 per month or $720 per year just to heat water.
Solar water heating systems are designed to reduce water heating costs by as much as 90%. A family of four could have a monthly savings of about $55 or $650 in annual savings.
A well designed, installed, and maintained solar system could have a life of about 20-25 years. The water storage tank, pump and controls might have to be replaced in about 10-15 years. A residential solar water heating system should provide one of the wisest investment opportunities for years to come.
There are over 60,000 solar water heating systems in Hawaii, more systems per capita than anywhere else in the United States. These solar water heating systems reduce Hawaii's oil imports by 489,000 barrels of oil per year and that number grows annually as new systems are installed.
By replacing your conventional electric water heater with a solar water heating system, seven barrels of oil will be saved per year. It is a personal and responsible way to reduce air pollution, greenhouse gases, and further environmental damage caused by transporting and burning fossil fuels.
Solar energy is non-polluting and renewable. It is not dependent on unstable governments or political whim. It neither creates hazardous waste nor endangers the atmosphere. It is the Hawaii homeowners most significant contribution to a cleaner planet.
Poncho's Solar Services Include:
- Photovoltaic Systems in partnership with Walter's Electric
- Sizing as well as best in class panel and inverter selection
- Expert installation using NEC, UBC and best practices
- Solar Thermal Water Heating Systems
- New Tanks
- Photovoltaic pump systems
- Expert installation
Latest News and Links
- Solar or Renewable Power Glossary
- Installation Process - Solar Water Heating
- Poncho's Special Offer - Solar Starter Kit
- Types of Solar Electric Systems
- Types of Solar Cells
- Solar Voltaic Technology
- What you get from your investment
- Power Produced by a Solar Electric System
- Hawaii Renewable Energy Links
- Hawaii Renewable Energy Tax Credit Form N-342 and Cash Credit form Schedule CR
- IRS Solar Energy Credit Form #5695
- Hawaii Solar Tax Incentives
- Why Solar?